Re: How do I add CD's to dselect package list?

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 10:11:42AM -0500, Wathen, Metherion wrote:
> Thanks,
> The CD's prolly are not in the correct directory structure - where do I go
> to find out about the correct structure?
> These are CD's I just burned myself with .debs, tarballs, and such.

Ah.  You can't just tell apt to use any old pile of debs, they need to
be in a particular directory structure with certain special files.  Copy
the debs somewhere, then run apt-ftparchive on them to generate the
Packages files that you need, or use debian-cd to build a bunch of
Debian cds from a huge pile of .debs.

-rob