RE: xvncviewer respawn

nate said:
>Hugh Saunders said:
>
>> but this just causes
>> INIT: id "8" respawning to fast: disabled for 5 minutes
>> to be repeated on the console. so that is obviously not the way to do it,
>> any better ideas?
>
>probably because it cannot connect to the X server..
>
>you could try a shell script
>
>something like
>
>#!/bin/bash
>
>while true;
>do
>/path/to/xvncviewer
>done
>

>whenever xvncviwer exits it will be reloaded
>
>not sure how you have authentication setup, I haven't used VNC
>that much, you may have to re input your password each time

to get around the authentication issue, you could just run:

#/path/to/vncpasswd
Password: <enter the servers vncpassword here>
Verify: <re-enter the servers vncpassword here>

#/path/to/vncviewer -passwd /path/to/passwd(that was created with vncpasswd)
0.0.0.0(your servers name or IP) &

This way you do not have to input the password each time.  You can just have
a password file generated.

Good times.

Michael