Re: boot on cd

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002 17:40:17 -0500
Levi Waldron <ledawa@softhome.net> wrote:

| On November 19, 2002 03:01 pm, mess-mate wrote:
| > Hi all,
| > I have an old P330 (IBM) installed as ISDN router.
| > Now I want to install other applications from a CD (bootable)
| > but the machine won't boot on the cd.
| > I did a try with several other bootable cd's without success :-(
| > What's wrong about it ?
| > Thanks in advance
| > mess-mate
|
| Sorry, I don't think I understand your situation.  Do you already have Debian
| installed on the machine?  If so, why do you want to boot off the CDROM?
|
| There are 4 reasons that I know of why you might not be able to boot off a CD:
|
| 1) Your bios doesn't support it  (Have you checked your BIOS?)
I did; choices are : A, HD, CDROM. So I selected CDROM.
| 2) Your bios isn't set up to boot off the CD (again, check BIOS)
See above.
| 3) faulty CD
Sorry, NO. Works on another machine.
| 4) faulty CDROM drive
No, worked on another machine and I can read cd's.
On the motherboard I have 2 connectors, 1 for ide1 and 1 for ide2.
My CDROM is connected to the connector of ide2.
Can this be my mistake ?
Thanks
mess-mate