Re: Drawing graphs for use in Latex

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002 17:16:01 +0100, Jens Kubieziel wrote:

> I'm looking for a tool where I can draw mathematical graphs like
> y=3x^4+5x^3+9x^2+2 and save them so that I can use it in Latex. Which
> packæges provide those functionality?

Octave does this very nicely (if you're a Matlab or C kind of guy).  If
you like packages like S-plus, take a look at R.

For pure symbolic manipulations, the only one I'm really aware of is
yacas.  It works fairly well, but I'm not sure about it's plotting
abilities.

HTH

Stephen W. Juranich                         sjuranic@ee.washington.edu
Electrical Engineering         http://students.washington.edu/sjuranic