Re: lost cursor w/fbi

On Tue, 2002-11-19 at 08:35, Lance Hoffmeyer wrote:
> > > Whenever I use fbi or fbgs in a console
> > > I lose my cursor.  Anyone else have this
> > > problem?  How do I get the cursor back?
> > >
> > > Lance
> >
> > What do you mean - while the image is still on the screen, or after you
> > return to the command line?
> > --
>

> Firstly, I am running from a console.  After I exit the program I have no
> cursor, blinking or otherwise.  I also have no mouse in the console.
> Everything is fine in X.  This only affects the console.
>
> Lance

Okay:

1) What is your graphic card?

2) If you switch to another VC and back, are the cursor and mouse still
gone?

3) Are you running gpm, and is it still running after you return from
fbi/fbgs?

4) Which kernel are you running?

I'm asking these, because framebuffer has progressed different amounts
on different cards, and is still progressing from one kernel to the
next, and it does work on my system with an older ATI card.
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org