Re: Sorry

On  0, lostbear@softhome.net wrote:
[snip]
> I tried removing some packages of kde that I don't want on my
> system. like kab and karm. However dpkg --purge tells me that there is daa
> dependency problem. apt-get remove kab shows that it is removing kde
> too.daapt-cache kde shows that it is a meta package containing
> dependencies.I can't quite figure out why kab and karm that are invidual
> applications should have some other metapackage depending on it.I guess I
> can force the removal but I don't want to break my system.I would
> appreciate some suggestions on this.

The kde package is NOT kde, it is a metapackage that installs kde plus
a lot of kde apps.  So if you want to uninstall kab and karm then you
will also need to uninstall the kde metapackage.  This will NOT
uninstall the kde window manager.  That is in packages like kdebase
and kdelibs3-bin.

Tom
--
Tom Cook

"Not to limit itself to play in a sand vat."
	- Google translation of, "not to be stuck in a sandbox."

Get my GPG public key: https://pinky.its.adelaide.edu.au/~tkcook/tom.cook-at-adelaide.edu.au