Re: bind8 vs bind9

Tim Dijkstra said:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any reason to stick with bind8 other then convenience? I'm asking
> this because bind9 seems pretty mature, but the default bind is still
> bind8 I think...

probably not. I have read that for big nameservers bind9 is slower(servers
hosting thousands of zones) then bind8 but most people don't run big servers.
If one is starting a brand new DNS with new zones and stuff I would reccomend
bind 9 over bind 8.

I use BIND 8 and plan to continue to do so for the forseeable future, it works
well for me.

nate