[SOLVED] Re: muttrc parse error - why??

On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 05:17:20PM +0000, Jonathan Matthews wrote:
> Hi all -
>
> I'm having a problem with my .muttrc config.
>
> When starting mutt, it barfs over the line
> send-hook	"~b me@domain.com" my_hdr From: Name Surname <a@b.com>
>
> complaining
> "b: not supported in this mode".
>
> What's wrong with it?
> Can I not use ~ notation in a send hook?
>
> The online mutt manual gives the example of
> send-hook ~Cb@b.b my_hdr from: c@c.c
> which would suggest otherwise ...

As the manual says, when evaluating one of send-hook, save-hook,
fcc-hook or message-hook:

"Mutt allows the use of the search pattern language for matching
messages in hook commands. This works in exactly the same way as it
would when limiting or searching the mailbox, except that you are
restricted to those operators which match information mutt extracts from
the header of the message (i.e. from, to, cc, date, subject, etc.)."

I was trying to match on stuff that wasn't just in the header.

Thanks to those who made suggestions.

-- jc

--
jaycee.spam@jaycee.uklinux.net