Re: vi as a text editor

On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 10:59:17PM -0800, nate wrote:
> Sandip P Deshmukh said:
> > hello all
> >
> > i have recently started using vi and i like it for its simplicity -
> > 'clean-ness'. somethings are missing though.
> >
> > one is managing words towards end of line. as i type, towards the end of
> > the line, it juts cuts the word. it neither hyphanates nor pushes it to
> > the next line.  is there way i could make vi do this?
>
> I am not certain what your referring to, but it sounds like vi is just
> making the line longer, it may *appear* it is going to the next line
> but chances are good that its the same line. You can test this by typing
> several lines, then going back to command mode (<ESCAPE>) and scroll up
> and down the file, it will scroll one line at a time, if it jumps 2-3 lines
> at once, that is just 1 really long line.

you are right. it is one line. but on screen it appears to be several lines.

anyway, any solution?

thanx anyway

sandip p deshmukh
------***--------

Finagle's Eighth Law:
	If an experiment works, something has gone wrong.

Finagle's Ninth Law:
	No matter what results are expected, someone is always willing to
	fake it.

Finagle's Tenth Law:
	No matter what the result someone is always eager to misinterpret it.

Finagle's Eleventh Law:
	No matter what occurs, someone believes it happened according to
	his pet theory.