Re: IRC

On Friday 15 November 2002 16:12, james leclair wrote:
> Hello, what server and channel should I join to talk with other
> debian users? Thanks in advance!
> James

Well, I can suggest where NOT to go:  irc.openprojects.net, #debian

I went there but not for help, but because I love Debian and wanted to
help others and share my Debian experience with like people.  Well,
there are SOOOO many rules there that you can barely relax and chat.
You have to be careful how you say this or that for fear of starting
some flamefest or hurting someone's fragile feelings.  I hated it.
When you do come up with a question that the info bot doesn't cover
(or their FAQ), people cannot answer it...either they don't have the
knowledge or don't care to answer.

This is most likely the total opposite end result of whoever created
that channel.  It's 100% "a$$h0l3 central" there.

I've yet to try any other Debian channels.  This list is awesome, so I
think I'll use it in place of an IRC channel.

--
Ron aka W|GGL|T
http://www.wigglit.com