Re: e17

On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 09:38:41AM +0100, Francois Chenais wrote:
> Hello,
>
> 	Someone has apt-get installed e17 under sid ?
> 	Is it working ?
>
> 	My system runs fine with e17 build from source and I would not
> 	crash it installing the deb package :-)
> 	But I would like to upgrade it :-)

e17 is not in sid yet because it's still under very heavy development.
Someone did have debs on p.d.o, but I'm fairly sure they stopped
packaging it a while ago.  If you're pulling from CVS (which I'm fairly
sure you are, since AFAIK they haven't made any releases), then you're
already more up to date than any package could be.

If you're worried about e17 putting cruft into /usr/local, then have a
look at GNU Stow (in Debian package 'stow'); it lets you install apps
into their own directory (/usr/local/stow/e17/, f'rinstance), and
symlinks it's contents into /usr/local/.  If you get sick of e17 and
want to remove it from your system, then just tell stow to remove the
symlinks (-D), and then delete /usr/local/stow/e17/.  Nice and neat.

-rob