routing broadcasts

Hello debian-user,

  Does anybody know how to allow broadcast UDP packets pass through a
  router (with NAT) on 2.2r2 (2.2 kernel)?

  Actually the problem concernes Samba - I have 2 networks - internal
  and external, a router with Samba server between them. I want to be
  able to see the outside computers from the inside. I know that WINS
  is the best solution but I have no administrative rigths in the
  external network. Users there use broadcasts and different
  workgroups. As my local master is set to the router machine I can see
  all these workgroups in my internal network neighborhood, but resolving
  is a problem. Static WINS records are also not a good way because
  the external network always changes.

  So I presume there's only one way - allowing broadcasts from inside
  to outside with addressed replies back.

  All your ideas are welcome.

  Thanks.

--