Re: No contact to ppp0

Hello Tobias,

TK> The problem ist, no programm (ping, Opera, Phoenix, GFTP etc.) uses
TK> or finds the ppp0-interface and instead tries to access the net via
TK> the eth0-interface, obviously of no avail.

Check for a "defaultroute" string in your /etc/ppp/options or another
ppp configuration file. I suspect that your pppd doesn't set a default
route to the ppp0 link. You can see it with "route -n". There must be
a route to 0.0.0.0 mask 0.0.0.0 iface ppp0 when the connection is up.

--
Best regards,
 Anton                            mailto:verik@redline.ru