Re: Dedicated Server on Athlon 1200 w/Debian

Mailing List wrote:
We are looking at setting up a dedicated box for a client and on of our
vendors sells white boxes with a Athlon AMD processor 1200 +  and the mother
board is a SiS, with a Realtek built-in NIC card, which I would be willing
to kill and use a 3-Com.

Has anyone had any bad luck with the Debian installing on an Athlon and
similar motherboard setup??

It's for dedicated web-hosting and we planned on putting 1/2 to 1 gig of ram
in with a 40-60 gig HD.

The setup describes my workstation exactly. Except I have a Intel NIC. No problems here.

--
Danie Roux *shuffle* Adore Unix