signing mails using gnupg

hello all

i have installed gnupg and will like to sign my mails.

now, i have read gnupg documentation as well as mutt documentation.

however, considering the security aspects, i will like to verify my undersatnding before i
actually go out and sign my messages.

here is what i have done successfully:

generated a key pair for myself

i can already see some signatures when i issue gpg --list-keys

now, what do i have to do so that:

i can sign all outgoing messages automatically?

i know i have to modify .muttrc but there is a section on pgp and not on gnupg. can i use
the same command?

is there a risk of someone else compromising my public/ private key?

what care do i have to take?

lastly, how do i make sure that users who receive my signed messages can actually verify
that my signature?

thanx

sandip p deshmukh

The shortest distance between any two puns is a straight line.