Re: processes under keventd

On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 01:14:14AM -0800, nate wrote:
> I believe that is kernel level stuff. It's been a while since I
> played with openafs but I seem to remember it had kernel modules,

It does.

> perhaps if you unload all the modules it will go away?

No.
It makes me wonder, what are the benefits of running the afs client
daemons under the keventd. The client has a neat feature; ie: when you
are done with afs, all you need to do is to unmount the /afs directory.
In which the module and the daemons will be removed from the system. If
only all goes well. If not, rebooting the machine is the only way, it
seems.

Oki