Re: true-type and wine

%% Chris Lale <ctlale@coolscience.co.uk> writes:

  cl> See http://www.linuxdocs.org/HOWTOs/mini/TT-Debian-3.html

Also http://www.paulandlesley.org/linux/.  This one needs a bit of
updating for testing and unstable.

  cl> In previous posts, some have said that you do not need to install
  cl> xfstt fontserver. However, no one has said that they have been
  cl> successful with this approach. I know that xfstt works for me in
  cl> the Gimp, OpenOffice.org, etc. (I am not running Wine, though I
  cl> don't see why it should not work here too.)

Both work for me, and you definitely don't need both.  On my work system
I have:

$ dlocate -l xfs
+++-==============-==============-=============================================
pn  xfs            <none>         (no description available)
ii  xfs-xtt        1.3.0.xf420-8  X-TrueType font server
pn  xfsdump        <none>         (no description available)
pn  xfslibs-dev    <none>         (no description available)
pn  xfsprogs       <none>         (no description available)
pn  xfstt          <none>         (no description available)

On my home system I have:

$ dlocate -l xfs
ii  xfs            4.2.1-3        X font server
pn  xfs-xtt        <none>         (no description available)
pn  xfstt          <none>         (no description available)

Both work for TT fonts in Galeon, OO, and Crossover Office.

 Paul D. Smith <pausmith@nortelnetworks.com> HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools