Re: repost - anybody knows power-point substitute?

On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 12:09:35AM -0500, Scott Henson wrote:
> On Sun, 2002-11-10 at 23:58, Sandip P Deshmukh wrote:
> > hello all,
> >
> > i am unable to find a utility that can handle ms powerpoint
> > presentations. anybody who knows any solution?
>
> ppthtml - A program for converting Microsoft Power Point Files .ppt

does a lousy job. is not too useful when you have a bit more complicated ppt. it almost
converts into text!

> kpresenter - a presentation program for the KDE Office Suite

i tried and tried. does not open any ppt file. just hangs there!

> and from gnome.org agnubis, but I cant seem to find it packaged in
> debian/unstable.

yes. so i could not try this either!

any other alternatives?

sandip p deshmukh

If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use
in reading it at all.
		-- Oscar Wilde