Re: repost - anybody knows power-point substitute?

Sandip P Deshmukh wrote:
hello all,

although i am getting increasingly comfortable with linux - and i thank
this wonderful group for all the help - one problem still remains.

off and on, i keep getting microsoft attachments. i have found suitable
programs for msword and msexcel. however, i am stuck in case of ms
powerpoint.

i am unable to find a utility that can handle ms powerpoint
presentations. anybody who knows any solution?

thanx in advance,

sandip p deshmukh

Life is like a sewer.  What you get out of it depends on what you put into it.
		-- Tom Lehrer

I have been able to open up "most" Powerpoint presentations with Open Office here, but it isn't 100% perfect. OpenOffice seems to do a decent job on M$ Office files. I have no problems at all on M$Word or Excel.

An alternative, if you have acess to the M$ Office suite, is to try the Crossover Office program (a WINE derivitive). It will cost some $$, while OpenOffice is "free". I understand Crossover Office does an excellent job, though. I personally have NOT tried it here.

Cheers,
-Don Spoon-