Re: X: warning; process set to priority 0 instead of requested priority -10

Kent West wrote:

Rupert wrote:

On 10 Nov 2002 22:40:41 +0100
Kent West <westk@acu.edu> wrote:

When I run startx, this warning pops up before X starts:

X: warning; process set to priority 0 instead of requested priority -10

Why?

I think it's because you're not running as root. If you were to launch
it from a desktop manager on startup, it would get run as root so would
be able to adjust the priority (-10 is higher priority than 0).

Rupert

Ah; makes sense. Thanks!

Kent

Oops; guess not. I just logged in as root and fired up X; same message.

Kent