Re: Looking to switch to debian...

Rob Weir <rweir@softhome.net> [2002-11-11 02:22:22 +1100]:
> > 	--more control over boot process and graphical logins (I hate it)
>
> If you don't like graphical logins, then don't install (x|k|g)dm.
> Surely Suse doesn't actually mandate a graphical login manager?

A very, very small nit.  On Debian x-window-system which is the common
metapackage to install the X window system has a dependency upon xdm.
I think I would claim that Debian's X requires xdm to be installed
because of that although I know you can unwrap the dependencies in
order to avoid it.  However you are not required to configure it to
run on Debian.  I just said how in another thread and will avoid
repeating it here.

Bob