Re: Use many graphics in LaTeX document. Configuration files ofLaTeX.

"Egor Tur" <worldeb@ukr.net> writes:
> I have next document in tex:
>
> \documentclass[12pt]{article}
> \usepackage{graphicx}
> \begin{document}
> some text 4 pages
> \begin{figure}[h]
> \includegraphics[some_options]{file1.ps}
> \end{figure}

Hmm.  This could be causing problems: if LaTeX decides that it can't
place the float *here*, you haven't given it any other options, and so
it floats to the end of the file.  You might try [!h] to more
emphatically insist on "here", or [htbp] to give some options ("here",
or if not, "top of a page", "bottom of a page", "on a float-only
page").

Do you, in fact, need a float?  How big is the graphic?

> I think that latex have not enough size . I change values of size in
> /etc/texmf/texmf.cnf and reconfigure tetex (texconfig init) but this
> don't help my.

If this was a problem, you'd *know* because you'd get an explicit
error saying you were out of space.  In most cases you never need to
mess with this at all, with the exceptions being things like "I'm
trying to compile a big package like JadeTeX".

	-- Abra Mitchell