Re: PS/2 keyboard won't work with USB mouse

This one time, at band camp, Jeff Bradberry said:

> I've just purchased a Logitech USB Optical mouse to replace my old PS/2
> Logitech Mouseman Plus.  I've set up USB with no real problems, and the
> mouse and keyboard coexist fine on the console.  However, when I get into
> Xwindows, the mouse works fine but the keyboard does nothing whatsoever.
> When I exit X, the keyboard works fine again.  I am running
> xserver-xfree86 version 4.1.0-17.  Anybody have any ideas why this would
> be happening?
>
> Please cc me, as I am not subscribed to this list.
>
> -jrb

It sounds like your keyboard is not configured correctly in X (duh).
dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 will present you with a list of options
(just press enter to accept current settings), and you should select a
fairly generic keyboard setup.  Perhaps you have accidentally set up
your keyboard to be USB or something?

|Stephen Gran                  |The Constitution may not be perfect, but it's a |
|steve@lobefin.net             |lot better than what we've got!                 |
|http://www.lobefin.net/~steve |                                                |