Re: recover ext3 deletion

Damn.

I'm starting the blasted essay again.

Thanks to Craig too.

Harvey

Mark Ferlatte wrote:

begin  Harvey Kelly quote on Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 10:05:10PM +0000:
Do you think I should start writing to essay again - or would it be possible to convert the partition to ext2, and use recover? Or am I just being overly hopeful?

Sorry man, I suspect that you're hozed.

Something that you could try (maybe) is going to remount your partition
read-only, and then try to search through the raw partition using
something like less... this might work if you remember some text strings
of your essay, and have a fairly small partition.

But I bet that you're better of re-writing your essay.