Best way to implement php4.2 (or sablotron libraries) on testing

Hi folks,

I need a suggestion. I've got a box running testing, which has the php version 4.1.2. Just about everything with that is OK - except for the xslt support. I *need* the xslt module of version 4.2.3, because of the improved support for the sablotron libraries.

I'm trying to figure out what the best approach is:

1) Take out all php packages, and compile php 4.2.3 from source
2) use just the php4-xslt module from sid
3) use all of the php4 modules from sid

I'm assuming that 2 and 3 are going to be problematic because of dependency issues. But just in case it is possible to do, I'd like to hear from someone who either has done this, or has intelligent suggestions about it.

Thanks!!
--
.Michelle

Michelle Murrain, Technology Consulting
tech@murrain.net     http://www.murrain.net
413-253-2874 ph
413-222-6350 cell
413-825-0288 fax
AIM:pearlbear0 Y!:pearlbear9 ICQ:129250575

"A vocation is where the world's hunger & your great gladness meet." Frederick Buechner