Re: address book for mutt

On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 05:34:47PM +0530, Sandip P Deshmukh wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 09:52:11PM +1100, Sam Varghese wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 03:51:28PM +0530, Sandip P Deshmukh spake thus:
> >
> > > i have recently migrated from windows to linux. currently i use woody 3.0.
> > > in windows i used outlook and one of the important portions i will like to carry over
> > > in linux is the address book. i have converted ms outlook addressbook into csv format. it
> > > has several headings - first name, last name, work tel, home tel, etc.
> > > i want to know is there anyway i can port it into linux and integrate it with mutt?
> > > if not, can someone suggest a solution?
> >
> > If it's Outlook 97, you can use the script available here:
> > http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/lookout/
>
> sad - it is outlook 2000. but as i said, i already have the data in csv format - fairly
> universal?

Write a small shell (or perl or php or something) script to do it.
If you need help send the exact format of the cvs file you've got and
I'll send a quick hack that should work for a mutt aliases file.

Vinai
--
Secure eMail with gnupg: See http://www.gnupg.org/

Please avoid sending me Word, Excel or PowerPoint attachments.