Re: powerpc

High,

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, Joyce, Matthew wrote:

> I have a couple of Mac PowerPC 7200/200 or similer, will these run Debian ?
> Are they comparable to say a P200 or more like a 486 ?  Or what ?

Yes, perfectly. I have a 7200/166 running as a firewall, and it is more
stable and just as fast as my 200 MHz P1.

If you want to make a Debian only system (e.g. without MacOS on it) you
have to do some tricky stuff with the OF. Ask me how and what if you are
going on with this, or subscribe to debian-powerpc.

Greetz,
Sebastiaan

--
  NT is the OS of the future. The main engine is the 16-bit Subsystem
  (also called MS-DOS Subsystem). Above that, there is the windoze 95/98