Re: public lending right

On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 05:12:22PM +0000, Chris Lale wrote:
> I should think that first-time users would not worry that non-free .debs
> were not included in the distribution. Is there any non-free software in
> the distribution CD ISO files? If there is, is it possible to produce a
> set of ISOs that do not contain any non-free software?

AFAIK, no "official" CDs have non-free on them.

> Another thought - the number of CDs (including source code) must be
> around 15 for Woody 3.0.

That many now?

> Would it be sensible for a library to offer the
> loan of, say, the first two binary CDs? I think this would be enough to

The first binary CD alone will get you pretty far along, far enough
that you have a more than complete system and it's not that terrible
of a download to fill in the rest.

--
 .''`.     Baloo Ursidae <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org>
: :'  :    proud Debian admin and user