Re: How to add "testing" source to my apt.conf?

This one time, at band camp, Sam Rosenfeld said:
> On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 09:59:46PM +1100, Nick Hastings wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >    your subject line asks what to add to apt.conf. ... the short
> > answer is nothing, to upgrade using apt-get you need to edit
> > /etc/apt/sources.list. Replace all instances of "potato" with "woody".
>
> Have been using "stable" in my /etc/apt/sources.list and now have switched to
> woody.  Can I use the same sources.list as I've used with potato and simply
> replace "stable" with "woody"?
>
> Old sources.list
>
> deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
> deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib non-free
>
>  Sam

ATM, woody == stable, so if that's the contents of your sources.list,
you are running woody.  If you want to track woody exclusively, you can
change all references of stable to woody, but this will not upgrade you
automatically when sarge becomes stable (although I think we won't have
to worry about that for another year or two)

Steve

--
"It is easier to port a shell than a shell script."
             -- Larry Wall