Re: public lending right

On 11/6/02 7:55 AM, "Colin Watson" wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 01:13:41PM +0100, James Finch wrote:
>> could uk librarys lend debian? make things difficult for microsoft
>
> They could just give it away: i.e. have a machine with a CD burner and
> let people turn up with blanks and make copies. Failing that, there'd be
> no problem as long as they offered source code too.
>
> I wonder who we'd have to talk to in order to encourage this kind of
> thing?

Why not see about getting this to the local schools?? Many have computer
labs. I am sure in the U.S. At least with the over abundance of older PC's
that this would be a great way to get people turned on to Debian.

I bet there is at least one Debian user a town that could contact someone
and get started.
--
Thanks!!
David Thurman