Gnome2 problems

Hi,
I hope I'm sending it to the correct list (yesterday I sent it to
debian-gtk-list, but I cannot find it, so i post it once more here).

First of all I want to express my thanks to all who participate on
Gnome2 project, lots of work was done and it's really great.
Unfortunately, I have some problems with running G2 and I solving them:
- have no sound working
- can't change keyboard to write with czech diacritics
- no disc icons on the desktop as user, as root I have it
- when I go to "Start here - System settings" I have lots of error
messages like: Failed to execute child process "boot-admin" [or
time-admin, etc] for every item in this folder, both as root and as user
.
Please, can any of you help me?
Thx
Vlada
--
Ing. Vladimir M. Kerka
Klukovicka 1530

NOTE: rm -rf /bin/ladin
Nedostavam a nerozesilam viry, protoze nepouzivam M$ Windows