Re: VCD creation

On Sun, 2002-11-03 at 20:50, Edward Guldemond wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 03, 2002 at 08:18:58PM -0600, Gerald V. Livingston II wrote:
> > Is it possible to create a VCD from a '.mpg' or '.avi' with some
> > program(s) available as Debian packages? I'm running sid here. I've
> > figured out how to BURN VCD's that come in bin/cue format, but I don't
> > know how to turn a straight mpeg into a bin/cue that can be burned as
> > vcd/svcd.
>
> Install vcdimager.  This will turn specs-compilent .mpg files into
> .bin/.cue (S)VCD images.  For re-encoding, try mjpegtools (I encode
> using TMPGEnc in wine...).
>
> Master Of Magic

Works great so far on the ones that are alrady formayyed correctly. I'll
work on figuring out how to correct any that aren't later. What
fascinates me is having an mpeg that starts life at 800+ meg going on to
a 700meg CD.

Can a bin/cue on HD be converted back to the original mpeg without first
writing it to a cd? is the .bin file actually an iso that can be
mounted?

Configure your Email to send TEXT ONLY -- See the following page:
http://expita.com/nomime.html

gvl2 (Gerald)
AirBall the Rolling Basket Case (1969 Standard Beetle)
LifeSaver (1974 Bay Window Bus)
http://www.phorce1.com