Re: usb mouse

Matthias Hentges wrote:
Am Son, 2002-11-03 um 15.37 schrieb Alexey Chetroi:

Hello All,

I've installed hotplug package to get my usb mouse working
and it works under X untill next reboot. After reboot I have
to replug my mouse otherwise there won't be any devices under
/dev/input
I'm using kernel-image-2.4.18-686 kernel with devfs enbled.
What am I doing wrong? some pointers?

Just a guess: did you tell modconf to load the USB modules at boot time?
Do a lsmod after booting and check for USB modules.

If not, you'll have to run modconf and select the appropriate modules to be loaded at startup. Usb drivers and mousedev should do the trick.

--
Johan Ehnberg
johan@ehnberg.net