strange apt-listchanges behavior

This morning as usual I ran 'dselect update' and then
'apt-get -s upgrade'. There were 22 packages to be upgraded, including
XFree86. I decided to do it in steps so I did:

'apt-get install logtail logcheck-database logcheck ssh alien libdps1
libpam-doc netris sudo phpmyadmin'

When apt-listchanges ran I got info about the new XFree86 even though
I didn't ask for it to be updated yet. There were no ftp lines for
XFree86.

I think I've noticed this happening before but didn't pay much
attention. What's going on?

--
"I cannot believe in a God who wants to be praised all the time."
		-- Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche