Gnome-Terminal 2.1.0

Well, I'm not sure that was such a good move on my system - just
installed it from Unstable, and while I can finally change the font,
which I couldn't do with 2.0.1, I can't keep it running - it is
tremendously slow to launch, to launch a new shell window or tab, and
within five minutes of starting it, down goes X - both :0 and :1 on my
box. Once I get some more info, I'll post a bug, but a heads-up for
everyone - might be this one has a dependency not yet included in the
package.

In the meantime, I'm feeling close to grabbing the source to the last
Gnome Terminal for 1.4, and seeing if I can't patch it just enough to
compile for Gnome 2 without any new bells and whistles - just to have it
running. One thing I am noticing, however - Gnome Terminal 2.0.1 puts a
noticeable load on the system, relative to what it used in Gnome 1.4 or
what XTerm requires.
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org