Re: [OT] literate programming

On Sunday 20 October 2002 02:13 pm, Carlos A P Gomes wrote:
> I've been looking for a way to improve the quality of my code, making it
> more readable and understandable and easier to mantain embeding in it
> some documentation. I think the answer is literate programming and I'd
> like to know if anybody uses it in gnu environment to produce source
> and documentation following the gnu standards. It seems that there is no
> web software (cweb, noweb) that produces texinfo or docbook output. Is
> there a way to accomplish this task?

not sure if this is what you want, but you might try doxygen

you can see an example here:
http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/markj/RoboWars3/Doxygen/classDisplay.html

Package: doxygen
Section: devel
Installed-Size: 2996
Maintainer: Luca Filipozzi <lfilipoz@debian.org>
Architecture: i386
Version: 1.2.15-2
Replaces: doxygen (<< 1.2.14)
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.2.4-4), libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2 (>= 1:2.95.4-0.010810)
Recommends: doxygen-docs
Suggests: doxygen-gui, graphviz
Filename: pool/main/d/doxygen/doxygen_1.2.15-2_i386.deb
Size: 1035192
MD5sum: 654dabdee62b49e207c407bae5cce7a4
 Doxygen is a documentation system for C, C++ and IDL. It can generate an
 on-line class browser (in HTML) and/or an off-line reference manual (in
 LaTeX) from a set of documented source files. There is also support for
 generating man pages and for converting the generated output into
 Postscript, hyperlinked PDF or compressed HTML. The documentation is
 extracted directly from the sources.

-jason pepas