Re: Exim using relay host

Es geschah am Freitag, 1. November 2002 16:40 als Stephen Gran schrieb:
> You need to define a domainlist router for those people's addresses -
> I'm assuming the reason you're doing this is that you receive bounces
> because their ISP won't accept mail from you directly for one or another
> reason, right?

Of course.

> There is another thread going currently, called 'Exim and
> SMTP on an internet gateway' where I explain how to do this.  Basically
> all mail that is oing to a host matching pattern foo gets sent this way,
> all other mail gets sent this other way.

Ok, I finally did it that way:

myisp_smarthost:
  driver = domainlist
  transport = remote_smtp
  senders = john@someisp.com
  route_list = *  my.isp.com  bydns_a

That way we don't have to add new hosts to the list everytime a new one
rejects mails from us. We just choose another mail address (already put to
the 'senders' list) within our MUA for explicitly sending mail via relay host
to those sites.

Thanks for your help!

Christian