Setting gtkhtml language in Gnome 2 ?

I just made the transition to Gnome 2 (losing my multi-gnome-terminal
settings and panel applets and launchers despite a program pretending to
convert my existing setup - not that I wasn't expecting something like
that to happen, but it's still not nice). I had a look in the new
gnome-control-center and did not find the settings of the gtkhtml
component. I used to go to this place to change the language : that was
the way to get Evolution to spellcheck in the language of my choice.
Now, gnome-control-center is devoid of anything like that and since
Evolution has no menu entry for switching languages there is no way for
me to do it. Has anyone any idea of where to do ?

On a more general level, why was gnome-control-center stripped of so
many entries ? I can understand the need for simplicity, but still I
don't see how losing existing controls can be good : even the Pilot
settings have disappeared !