Re: Wierd Install problem...long explanation.NEED advice

I had a similar problem when I got a new computer back in march.  I was
trying to run a 2.2 kernel as well, but for some reason I couldn't get
the NIC modules to work.  What finally did work is that I upgraded to
a 2.4 kernel.  For whatever reason, that worked just fine. If you'll
look at the list archives, you're not the only person having trouble
getting a 2.2 kernel to make his NIC work under Debian.  I have a
strong suspicion that there is a nasty bug in the 2.2 kernels, or maybe
just the debian builds of them?

At any rate, try upgrading to a 2.4 kernel and see if that fixes it.

My $.02.

Stephen W. Juranich                         sjuranic@ee.washington.edu
Electrical Engineering         http://students.washington.edu/sjuranic
University of Washington            http://ssli.ee.washington.edu/ssli