Re: /dev/input/mouse or /dev/input/mice ?

Am Die, 2002-10-29 um 21.04 schrieb Bruce Park:
> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to install debian 3.0 and I'm stuck on the part where it asks me
> to input my mouse. I have a USB Microsoft Optical wheel mouse and I don't
> know what I should use.
> I've read that /dev/input/mice works but some told me to use
> /dev/input/mouse. Can anyone tell me which one is the correct one.

The correct one is /dev/input/mice as stated in
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/input/input.txt (search for "mice")

> Furthermore, is there anything else I need to do to get the mouse drivers to
> properly work?

It should work out of the box. Otherwise have a look at the textfile i
mentioned above.

--

Matthias Hentges
[www.hentges.net] -> PGP + HTML are welcome

"Thats what sucks about windows, you can't say that you rooted some one.
Saying "I ADMINISTRATORED YOU!" just doesn't sound cool."