Re: java 1.3 and glibc 2.3.1

Craig Dickson wrote:

I don't know what PSE Pro is; does it really work only on 1.3? You can't
use 1.4.1? What I've done for a few things is use 1.4.1 with the
j2ee.jar from 1.3 (since AFAIK there is still no jdk1.4-ee). I haven't
found this to cause any problems.

i have the same problem. but not with the pse pro, but with the bea weblogic which runs only with a jdk 1.3.1. ok, a jdk 1.2 is also working, but the performance is very
poor. for this reason i cannot run weblogic with debian.

is there no real solution for this problem? sth like chroot-ing, adding an additional
library?

cu, goofy