Re: xv?

"Robert L. Harris" <Robert.L.Harris@rdlg.net> writes:
> I believe it's non-free...

...and more to the point, I believe it's non-free to the point of
being non-distributable.  Googling for 'debian xv license' brings some
useful hits; one of these is
http://www.fifi.org/doc/xv-doc/html/availability.html, which states
that you can only redistribute unmodified source and binary packages
(e.g., not Debian packages at all), and then not for a fee.

Fortunately, there are lots of DFSG-free programs in the image-viewer
space.  For looking at a single file, I tend to use 'display' out of
the imagemagick package; for browsing directories, I use xzgv; for
image manipulations I don't want to do at the command line (via
netpbm) I use the GIMP.

	-- Abra Mitchell