dselect and apt-get error messages

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade from potato to woody. I get the following error
messages:

- When I use dselect: Couldn't perform immediate configuration
- When I use apt-get install dpkg apt debconf: Couldn't configure a
  pre-depend

I am running woody, with these versions:
ii  apt            0.3.19         Advanced front-end for dpkg
ii  dpkg           1.6.14         Package maintenance system for Debian
ii  debconf        0.2.80.16      Debian configuration management system

dkpg --audit shows no problems in the current system.

What do these error message indicate, and how can I continue?

Regards, Simon

--
Simon Pepping
email: spepping@scaprea.hobby.nl