Re: exim problem solved. how do i configure mozilla?

Shyamal Prasad wrote:

   Sandip> an error occured while sending mail. the mail server
   Sandip> responded: relayin to <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
   Sandip> prohibited by administrator. (failed to find hostname from
   Sandip> ip address). please check mail receipients and try again
   >> exim.conf and look at the options that have the word 'relay' in

   Sandip> got the gist. how do i solve it? do i have to modify my
   Sandip> exim.conf again? well, now i am kind of used to it!

Well, you will have to investigate a little.

Is host_accept_relay set to "127.0.0.1 : ::::1"?

yes. was a goof up on my part not to get it! i think i got confused between 192.168.100.21 and 127.0.0.1!! i have set it right. and hopefully, the mails are going now!

What is your email address in Mozilla set to? If I use my public email
address my exim set up seems to work for Mozilla. Incidentally, I have
never use Mozilla as my email client before, and I truly surprised
that it does not support a native UNIX (sendmail) interface....

i think i should be posting these queries to mozilla newsgroup.

Cheers!
Shyamal

thanx again

- sandip