Re: Speed

nate wrote:

C. Brewer said:

Debian 3.0= 47secs

not sure what kinda computer you have but i don't even get to
my LILO prompt for at least 30 seconds from power on.

nate

I just purchased a Solek 75drv5-c motherboard. One of the reasons I settled on this board were for it's insanley fast POST to OS load times. This board gives me a LILO boot screen in 1.5 seconds flat. The award BIOS logo is just a blur. Compare this to my 20-25 sec tyan motherbaord post and bios check. Works great with debian too, it's a VIA KT333 chipset.