Re: ssh broadcasts package name???

On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 04:58:09PM -0700, nate wrote:
> tripped dozens of rules in my IDS and came back to me pissing their
> pants saying my SSH was vulnerable because it wasn't the absolute newest,
> took some time to convince them(had to talk to one of their engineers
> who understood what backporting was) that we were not vulnerable to the
> specific things they were probing for.

Quick and easy way to convince them:  "Really?  How's about I stand
here and watch you exploit it."  Shouldn't take more than 5-10
minutes of banging their head against your server to realize that no,
it's not vulnerable.

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss