Re: Missing readme for icecast

On October 28, 2002 04:04 am, Andreas Eichner wrote:
> Am Freitag, 25. Oktober 2002 20:49 schrieb Leo Spalteholz:
> > Plain
> > text password consequently won't work.
>
> From /usr/share/doc/icecast-server/FAQ.gz:
>
>   To produce these crypted passwords, use the mkpasswd program
>   distributed with icecast. Be careful in the configuration file
> not to leave any junk chars after the passwords.

Hmm..  there are three password lines in icecast.conf.   encoder,
admin, and oper.  I'm not sure what admin is for but I set oper and
and it works just fine with an encrypted password.  Apparently the
problem is with the encoder password only.

> It works for me (Icecast from Woody)

What source are you using?  My source is using oddcast for winamp in
windows.  Could that be the problem somehow?

thanks,
leo