Re: Missing readme for icecast

On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 01:04:52PM +0100, Andreas Eichner spake thusly:
> Am Freitag, 25. Oktober 2002 20:49 schrieb Leo Spalteholz:
> > Plain
> > text password consequently won't work.
>
> From /usr/share/doc/icecast-server/FAQ.gz:
>
>   To produce these crypted passwords, use the mkpasswd program
>   distributed with icecast. Be careful in the configuration file not to
>   leave any junk chars after the passwords.
>
> It works for me (Icecast from Woody)

I'm using sid, so maybe things have changed, but for me, mkpasswd is
owned by the passwd package, and has nothing to do with icecast.
Somewhere in the changelog, it says that the icecast password utility
was renamed ice-mkpasswd, though that file's nowhere on my system. On
sid, makepasswd seems to be the way to go.

--
Jon-o Addleman