/etc/network/interfaces

Hallo,

I have a question about the file "/etc/network/interfaces".
I want to know how is the structure of this file ?

My second question is, I have lot of Gateways for ROUTING and I want insert these to Debian. I think the data will be save in the file "interfaces", but how is the structure now ? I don't want to know, how can I "add" new routing.
I need this information, because I work on a project (program) to configure a firewall.

               Yours Sincerely

               Maik Gromotka