Re: video card help

On  0, nate <debian-user@aphroland.org> wrote:
> ian said:
>
> > Section "InputDevice"
> >         Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
> >         Driver          "mouse"
> >         Option          "CorePointer"
> >         Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
> >         Option          "Protocol"              "PS/2"
> >         Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
> >         Option          "ZAxisMapping"          "4 5"
> > EndSection
>
> do you have a PS2 mouse connected to /dev/psaux?
>

> > Section "InputDevice"
> >         Identifier      "Generic Mouse"
> >         Driver          "mouse"
> >         Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
> >         Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice" Option
> >                 "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
> >         Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
> >         Option          "ZAxisMapping"          "4 5"
> > EndSection
>
> Is there a particular reason you have 2 pointers setup? just
> curious, I do this on my laptops and on my main desktop because
> my KVM is erratic in supporting wheel mice ..

Just this monring I set up X 4.1.0-16 on a woody box that had been
downgraded from unstable and had only had X 3.3.6 running previously
and noticed that this was the default behaviour of debconf when
setting up the mouse.  It also had both mouse devices in the
ServerLayout section, which caused hassles until I modified it by
hand.  Is this a bug?

Tom
--
Tom Cook

"Intellectual freedom is not the freedom to believe anything, but the freedom to believe only the truth."
	- Dr. John Stott

Get my GPG public key: https://pinky.its.adelaide.edu.au/~tkcook/tom.cook-at-adelaide.edu.au